FLEX will organize two open calls, one at M8 and one at M14 of FLEX. The goal of these calls is to attract proposals for innovative usages of the deployed facilities, sophisticated experiments or even functional extensions of the LTE components.
|Indicative experiments for Setup 1
||Indicative experiments for Setup 2
- Comparison of a new LTE functionality with the commercial approach.
- Conducting measurements in an urban environment (macro-cells) or in an indoor setup (pico-cells) of a commercial LTE setup.
- Experimentation with handoffs between macro-cells, pico-cells or small-cells or heterogeneous handovers between cells of different levels (e.g. macro to pico).
- Experiments with real mobility in a commercial setup in an every day's basis (e.g. monitoring the behavior of a multimedia application that runs on Android phones that are carried by volunteers around the campus).
- Experimentation with new PHY layer schemes in LTE that will be implemented from scratch.
- Evaluation and testing of new scheduling algorithms on the MAC layer of the LTE eNodeBs.
- Implementation and evaluation of cooperative networking schemes in LTE (where end-users can be packet forwarders between the eNodeBs and other end-users).
- Evaluation and testing of new rate adaptation algorithms in the MAC layer of LTE.
Related webpages with some of the projects' results can be reached at the following:
FLEXFormLTE OC1 Extension - http://performnetworks.morse.uma.es/
CoordSS OC1 Experiment - http://infosys1.elfak.ni.ac.rs/coordss
FLEXMETER OC1 Experiment - http://flexmeter.ubiwhere.com
FLEX-D OC2 Experiment - https://github.com/feron-tech/lte-sidelink, https://feron-tech.github.io/lte-sidelink/
PACER OC2 Experiment - http://networks.inf.ed.ac.uk/flexran/index.html
LENA OC2 Experiment - http://orioninnovations.gr/?page_id=255
MEC Caching OC2 Experiment - https://github.com/ejschiller/FLEX/